Friday, April 3, 2009

FOLLOW ME!

I have started to follow some bloggers as "Beatrice Button" thus disclosing my position as a 'cyberspace researcher'. I have chosen to follow publicly.

Remember all the difficulty I had gaining access to websites and forums? The blog community is alive and well - and finds me 'interesting'! Amazing! I was so worried about disrupting or upsetting authors, but now I am a part of the discussion and many of my worries as a researcher reading and commenting on these blogs (not as an ED blogger myself) have dissappated. I actually feel quite welcome and therefore not as nervous about is thought of me because of my position as a student researcher.
I am finally feeling like I am really interacting with this community of bloggers. Perhaps a little late in the game, but it is better late than never. Everyone has been really kind, honest and welcoming. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.
    It's not a silly question. I've always known that I've had an ED. I don't really know the answer to the question though. Uhm, I started thinking myself as anorexic when we started learning about it in health class. I was a freshman in high school so i'd been ana for about 3 years already and had never really thought about an official label. I was diagnosed with an ED and it really became official.
    But, I don't think you need to be diagnosed by a professional in order to have an ED. It is something that is completely personal and usually a large part of a person, even if they don't label it as an ED. I just joined this whole online thingy as my first 4 years of Ana this didn't exist. I just got out of my parents supervision and i'm free to make my own choices in life : )
    I'm a open person, so if you have any questions about anything in any relevance to ED's, binging + purging process, depression and anxiety, or really anything, you can ask me.

    ReplyDelete